Risk Management Professional (RMP®) certification demonstrates your knowledge and skill in assessing, identifying and controlling risks. This course will enable you to best use risk management principles to execute projects more successfully. You’ll learn to plan for each project with a structured approach that is unique to that project and learn to keep your team focused throughout the lifetime of the project.
You’ll also get an introduction into preparing for and taking the risk management examination, focused on five 5 domains:
- risk strategy and planning,
- stakeholder engagement,
- risk process facilitation,
- risk monitoring and reporting,
- and performing specialized risk activities.
This courseware and preparation tools required for the certification exam will be available online. An online proctored exam will be conducted at the end of the course.
This program is aligned with the concepts of Risk Management as defined by Project Management Institute (PMI®) and is a great way to prepare for PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) exam. Upon successful completion of the course, you get 20 PMI Approved PDUs.
By the end of this RMP® training you will be able to:
- Identify qualitative and quantitative assessments of risk
- Develop and deploy risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure proper project planning, identify threats and opportunities, and analyze risk events and their potential effects.
- Learn to be more proactive to reduce costs, rather than reactive.
- Gain knowledge of risk management based on the PMBOK Guide and Practice Standard for Project Risk Management
Comprehensive Course Structure:
RMP® is comprehensive and covers all the concepts required to be a Risk Management professional.
It offers comprehensive study guides for all the chapters with examples that explain and illustrate the concepts for the benefit of the student. The concepts are explained in simple language using time-tested and proven training methodology, making it easy to understand even the complex topics.
RMP® has been developed and evaluated by several PMPs and experts in the field of project risk management. The course is divided into 8 chapters:
- Principles and Concepts
- Introduction to Project Risk Management Processes
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Monitor and Control Risks
Exam & Certification :
PMI’s Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® credential is a sought after credential which provides solution to project management’s increasing growth, complexity and diversity. This certification is recognized globally and is in much demand. A Risk Management Professional satisfies the requirement of having a specialist role while dealing in project risk management.
How do I become an RMP® Certified Professional?
Aspirants can get PMI-RMP® certified by following the below processes:
- Step 1: Visit www.pmi.org after completing the training
- Step 2: Register for PMI-RMP exam
- Step 3: Submit payment for PMI-RMP credential
- Step 4: Submit audit materials and supporting documents within 90 days
- Step 5: Take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center and get certified
For detailed information on the application filing process, please refer to the PMI – RMP® Credential Handbook.
PMI, PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What are the prerequisites ?
To be eligible for the PMI-RMP credential, you must meet certain educational and professional experience requirements. All project risk management experience must have been accrued within the last 5 consecutive years prior to your application submission.
The PMI–RMP certification requires:
- A minimum 4500 hours of professional project risk management experience within the last 5 years and 40 hours of project risk management education if you hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3000 hours of professional project risk management experience within the last 5 years and 30 hours of project management education if you hold a bachelor’s degree or above.
I’d like to learn more about this training program. Who should I contact?
Request a briefing call with our Talent Program Advisor ! They will assist our learners in applying for the right learning solutions, help them building critical skills and help you enrich your learning experience, from class onboarding to project mentoring and career advices.