The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Certificate is a free-standing qualification and it is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream leading to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
The ITIL Intermediate Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) certification demonstrates your expertise in applying PPO practices to ensure that new and updated services, service management systems and tools, technology architecture, processes and measurement systems, methods and metrics are designed to meet user needs and can be sustained once introduced. ITIL Intermediate PPO certification establishes your knowledge of processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization in the global market.
You will enhance your competency in the following areas over the course of the training, preparing you to pass the ITIL Intermediate PPO certification exam:
- Service design in PPO and the service lifecycle context
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity management as a capability to realize successful service design
- Availability management as a capability to realize successful service design
- IT service continuity management as a capability to support overall business continuity management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to PPO
ITIL Intermediate PPO course provides a complete management-level overview of PPO and its related activities. Many Leading job websites now say that ITIL Intermediate PPO Certification is a prerequisite for many key roles in the IT sector. Certified professionals can expect take on roles such as information security manager, capacity manager or ITSCM manager.
Exam & Certification :
How do I become certified in ITIL® Intermediate PPO?
The certification is offered to candidates who fulfill the prerequisites and pass the exam. To qualify to take the exam you must first participate in a course offered through an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution. AXELOS (The Accreditor) assess and license Examination Institutes (EIs) to administer ITIL accreditation and examination activities.
What are the prerequisites for the ITIL® Intermediate OSA certification?
- Undertake at least 28 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks) with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution as part of a formal, approved training course/program.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL and bridge qualifications.)
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience working in IT service management is highly desirable. We also recommend that you complete a minimum of 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the course content.
Does the course fee include in examination fees as well?
Yes, the course fee is inclusive of the examination fee.